Traveling Procedure for Sick Passenger
- Sick Passenger or Passenger with Illness are passenger when their physical condition or medical disorder (including mental illness) requires airlines to give them individual attention on (enplaning/deplaning, during flight, in an emergency evacuation, during handling at airports) which is not normally extended to other passengers.
- The need for individual help will become apparent when the passenger, family, or doctor makes a request or when abnormal physical or mental conditions are observed and reported by airline staff.
- Before flight, passenger completes the document requirements as follow :
- Medical Information (MEDIF):
MEDIF is a certificate from the doctor which contains the condition of the passenger whether he/she is allowed to fly or not. This Certificate is prepared by the doctor, not from Citilink
- Form of Indemnity (FOI)
FOI is a release liability statement letter that must be signed by related passenger or his / her designated family if he / she is unable to do so.
MEDIF and FOI are needed for:
- Sick passenger
- Medical disorder passenger
- Post-Surgery passenger
MEDIF and FOI are not needed for:
- Passenger with Disabilities (Blind Impaired, Hearing Impaired, Speech Impaired)
- Mentally impaired passenger
- Mobility impaired passenger requiring wheelchair
- Elderly passenger requiring wheelchair due to age or because the he/she is unable to walk.